How do I now post a photograph to a thread please?

david_henderson

Assumming nothing has change since yesterday... Just type your text, if any, and then click that button right down there on the right in the middle, 'Upload a File'. You will be given a choice of whether to post a thumbnail or a full size image. It still seems to be up to 1000 pix on the long side.

944843336_ACEyachtSicily9506546.jpg.ea028beef46a8cb6efab84d0cac5da42.jpg

I've tried following Gup's instructions , but its not working for me- I'm not getting a choice between full image or thumbnail and when I select an image to add it looks like its going but then I get a red dialog box along the lines of "we're having difficulty uploading the image"

Any further thoughts anyone?

another test.

Failed again.

When I click the "upload a file" button , below, it opens up the docs folder on my hard drive from where I can navigate to the image I want to include. All of that seems logical to me but it won't load whatever photo. I select/open

Norman/Naffy I don't see anything like what you have shown

It also seems (tho I haven't checked all of them) that previous replies I've made with image posts do not show the image anymore.

Wayne - if you find any - please share the URL with me, this is something they worked hard on prior to release so if it is a recurring problem, they need to know, we haven't found any yet but does not mean its not possible. Thank you.

Norman. Thanks for trying . I don't think the problem relates to a specific jpeg. I've tried several, from different folders to eliminate that possibility. Further some of these pictures have been uploaded to Photo.net before. Clearly things aren't well with the world and indeed I haven't been able to access the site at all for about 20 mins as it was telling me my IP address had been banned!

I'm pretty disappointed with all this. If they've launched a new site without having online guidance on how to carry out basic tasks like make a post; access your history; add an image to a post I find that dreadfully disappointing and something for which, in a long-ago past life as head of user management for a major US corporation's UK customer management systems, I would have expected a real problem heading my way!

618243425_ScreenShot2017-02-01at3_18_30PM.thumb.png.3bf1d3ccd4d117037ba7517b567d167e.png

Is anyone else having the same issues David is?

Step 1: click "upload file" which brings up dialog box where I can pick the file I wish to upload

Step 2: pick file (on Mac its "open") - the file uploads.

Step 3: I pick "full image" or "thumbnail"

Step 4: I click post reply

Wayne - if you find any - please share the URL with me, this is something they worked hard on prior to release so if it is a recurring problem, they need to know, we haven't found any yet but does not mean its not possible. Thank you.

https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/occupations-or-jobs.513605/#post-5022643

the photo is in my 'Victoria views' folder

I have a whole folder 'thread posts' that is photos I have posted to forums, and I have posted many others to threads

I made a test posting to 'test posts' thread in site help trying to use just the url of the page where a photo is show, but of course it didn't work, --never was designed to, and I didn't expect it to, but wanted to check it out and verify to make sure.