How do I get something digital or hard copy from 1947 Kodachrome 4X5 transparencies?

ericstilwell

Easy - place transparencies on a lightbox, digital camera body with a macro lens on a tripod or other rigid stand level above the transparency, and shoot away. You may need to adjust the color balance either before shooting or in post production depending on the degree of dye deterioration..

• 3 weeks later...
Sure--but be prepared for either a high price from a service bureau or a big learning curve if you buy one.

Ah.... Well the reason I asked is that I saw a post on F@c3b00k from a person in San Francisco (USA) who has a drum scanning service. No idea what his pricing is for work, tho he said he has a "discount for bulk". I actually have some questions about drum scanning and made a thread in "Beginner Questions" on the topic.

I guess more to direct an answer to the OP, I'd suggest looking closely at the negatives to see what condition they are in, and to see if there's s something one definitely wishes to spend money on.