How do I download DPP from Canon?

latham_portous

Hi everyone, I went to Canon's website to look for DPP since

everyone says it's better than FVU to convert my RAW images, but I

can only find the DPP "update" which I assume is a version update

patch! Can I download the whole program from Canon or do I have to

buy it? I have a 10D and running XP. Please advise! TIA.

<a href="http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Patches/dpp/">http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Patches/dpp/</a> works for me.

<p>

Note it says:<p>

<i>Requirements</i><p>

Canon software requirements<br>

One of the listed exsisting software elements has to be installed on<br> your PC.<P>

File Viewer Utility 1.1-1.3<br>

EOS Viewer Utility 1.0/1.1 <br>

Digital Photo Professional 1.0/1.1 <br>

RAW Image Task 1.2

<br><BR>

So you'll need to install the software that came with your 10D for this "upgrade" to work.<p>

Ian

It will probably work - you'll just need a bit more patience! It's certainly *much* quicker at previewing changes than File Viewer / EOS Viewer on my machine (Athlon 2400). The actual raw conversion seems to run at about the same speed, so if you can live with that on your current machine, then you should be OK.

I tried to use DPP 1.6.0.1 version (came with the camera) for converting Rebel XT/D350 files using WIN98SE, PIII 224MB RAM, and the program works - but without full functionality. The most important function - raw processing works if you batch-process (even single files), but there are lots of little problems, for example you cannot choose the target directory for the TIFF files - they go in your My Documents\My Pictures folder no matter what you try.

What I am doing now is testing it against the simpler Canon program (FUV?) - if the results are not radically better with Dpp, I will stick mostly with JPEG and shoot raw on rare occasions...until I buy a new computer!