How do I "delete" photos deep down in a gallery ?

John Peri

I need to delete some photos.

The only place I have found where I can do this is within PHOTOS In my PORTFOLIO, which does not scroll back very far.

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

If I understand correctly, an alternative method is to go to LIBRARY and "render private" or "remove a photo from a gallery", though I don't know where the photo goes in that case. Nevertheless, I am not certain that one can scroll back very far enough here either.

It may well be that I am just incompetent. Many thanks for any advice forthcoming.

The problem is that some models get married or whatever, others become senior executives at Google as just happened with one (!), and one needs to be able to remove traces of the past on request, it is even a legal right I believe. Can no one help here ?

which does not scroll back very far

At the moment (hopefully it'll change with upgrades), the easiest way might be to first use the gallery view in Library to find the photos you want to delete (assuming that each gallery has few enough photos in it that you can scroll through to find them). Note down the titles of the photos. Then go to the Photos view and search for each of the photos by name, and delete from there.

Turning each of the images "private" in the Library view makes them invisible to everyone but you--that might also be a good short-term solution. Removing from a gallery wouldn't work, though--the photos would still be visible in your public portfolio, just not in their original gallery.

Hi John - I replied to you privately as well - but thought I'd share publicly in case others are having same issue. MyPortfolio is going though updates - it is possible this area may have been missed in your travels in MyPortfolio, I agree its not in ideal location - but this will change shortly in a more prominent location.

You can remove photos from public view by way of:

MyPortfolio>MyLibrary>SelectGallery>SelectPhoto>MakePrivate

I have attached a screenshot in hope it helps.

Please let me know if you have any additional issues.

1373695616_ScreenShot2017-03-27at9_15_51AM.thumb.png.698580f6c2fe3642043f49e55d1fbaa4.png

Many thanks Glenn. "Scrolling" through the Library, allowing one to dig down deep into the folders and find images to "render private" has vastly improved, though still not enough unfortunately to reach the end of portfolio as large as my own (after several attempts, it still crashes around 2/3 of the way through). Nevertheless, I am comforted by the fact that I can contact administration if a necessity arises that is out of my reach, thank you once again. John

Wow - OK good to know - we didn't experience that testing but I can't say we have a test account with as many photos as you have in your library either, so we'll do some additional testing to see if we can find the error and fix. In the meantime, if you want to send me privately the photo IDs I'll make private for you.