how do I block a user from viewing my photos

DGorinstein

I don't believe you can. Your option, as far as I know, is to make your photos private and only give links to those you want to view them.

If you feel a user is in some way being abusive, contact a moderator and perhaps they can help. Contacting administration may not get you far, but moderators may be more available and help to the extent they are able.

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

how do I block a user from viewing my photos

You can't "BLOCK" 'a user', (i.e. an individual User).

As samstevens mentioned, you can make either a GALLERY or PHOTO - "PRIVATE".

Re "PRIVATE GALLERY" and "PRIVATE PHOTO" -

There are two tiers.

You can make a GALLERY 'PRIVATE' in which case all the photos in that Gallery are made Private.

You can make any one PHOTO 'PRIVATE' in any of your Galleries, in which case that Photo will be Private.

Making a Gallery or Photo "Private" in your portfolio at Photo.net, means that visitors or members cannot see those Galleries and/or Photos when they look at your PORTFOLIO.

You may provide a link to someone so they can see a Private Gallery or a Private Photo. Here is a LINK to a Photo of mine which is designated 'Private'.

Obviously, once I have given that link to someone, or a group of people, as I have now done, I have no control over with whom they might distribute that Link or that Photo.

Additionally the 'Private' functionality at PN does not exclude people manually or machines automatically, searching and finding the content: the bottom line is, once it is out there on the www, it is no longer ever private: it is as simple as that.

WW

Edited by William Michael
  • Like 1

^ That's true

I also responded to the earlier question.

Since 2018 there have been some changes and some more glitches noticed, and not all of these are understood by me - but with a bit of effort and a bit of assistance from members, I understand more and more: which is useful to be of benefit the site, generally.

WW