How can I prevent rating on my photos?

sliu

On my latest two photos, I put "Please don't rate" as part of the

photo title. However, I still got many ratings without comments.

I don't understand how this could happen. Is there any rating page

that people couldn't see the tilte of the image or people just ignore

it? How can I prevent rating on my photos?

When you click on "critique photos" and you get to the slide-show type gallery of images, there is nothing there but the picture and the photographer's name, and a place to leave ratings and comments. The person critiquing actually has to click the photo for the normal grey page with all the info and requests from the photographer to be seen. My guess is that your images are being rated this way.

Jen

I would post my theory, but it's pretty much exactly what Jennifer has said.

<br>Just please don't bite people's heads off if they do give a photograph of yours a numerical rating. I gave someone a numerical rating earlier in the year only to be baragged with Hate E-mails and Threats if I didn't remove my numerical rating. Since that nightmare I've given up using numerical ratings, and if a photograph is worthy enough of my commenting upon, I'll do that instead.

Why is it so important to not get ratings? I don't use the rating system, and don't pay a lot of attention to my own ratings other than a curious glance now and then. Views and comments are more valuable to me. But I've never seen the ratings as hurting anything. I'm curious what problem it causes you.

If there is no mark on my photo, at least I know people haven't

seen it or are not interested in it. A comment tells me how the

viewer feels about the photo. Whether it is good or bad, or viewer

has different point of view than me doesn't bother me at all.

A rating without comment is a kind of "half-attention" which

drives me crazy because I know somebody has paid attention to

the photo and I wonder why he/she gave that rating. I cannot

ignore them because I already see them. That feeling bothers

me.

Ah, I can understand that. It would be nice to have an option to turn them off for people who don't like them. Me, I just get amused at some of the ratings. I've got a sunset photo up there that isn't particularily good. It was only there to illustrate a thread before I learned how to put the images in the threads themselves. Got a 9 for originality. I had to chuckle at that.

The numbers in the ratings aren't all that useful to me, but I find it interesting to see how many people cared enough about a photo to take the time to rate it. That and page views give me an idea of how "eye catching" the photo is. The comments are what help me learn the specifics.