How can I live stream to YouTube w/ 5D MkIV

wadepunch

I got a mini HDMI/HDMI cable but the Mark IV is not recognized.

Is there an easy cheap way to live stream to YouTube? I sort of doubt it but I would like to know if I can. I saw some expensive setups.

And I need to stream an event on this coming Sunday morning, 6 days from now!

HELP

Sorry, you are ahead of me.

Would your machine recognize any other HDMI video player / source you are having at hand? I recall having to install something like Haupauge WinTV cards to hook up video cameras via 75 Ohm antenna cable and I had to tune the Win TV thing to them.

As far as I read: You can only pick up 1080p via HDMI out.

I'd try to read up if your HDMI in device is capable of coping with Canon's output format and if not what else you might need.

I got a mini HDMI/HDMI cable but the Mark IV is not recognized.

What is not recognizing the camera. What device are you using for the HDMI Capture? Do you have an HDMI capture card or are you simply plugging the HDMI cable into your laptop HDMI port? If the later, that is an output port.

Even with an HDMI capture card, I am not sure if this actually detects the camera like a USB or Firewire would. It may be simply an HDMI input port and it does not matter the device type that feeds it. You would need software to process the video and audio much like we used to do when capturing analog video years ago.

You may be using a HDMI to USB3 3 dongle, or if a desktop computer you may be using an HDMI to PCI capture card installed in your desktop computer. So could you clarify what you are doing?

Cheers, Mark