How can I delete my account?

Max, you might be able to ask the moderators to change your name to something like 'Max D' or 'Max (Chicago)' or something, which would anonymize you to future googlers.

With your name, perhaps you could be Dmax-- you're missing an opportunity for a great pseudonym. I know they like real names, but they should make an exception for this one.

If you mean that you want to remove all traces of yourself from photo.net, you can't.

I f you can log in, you can mark your account as "deleted" by going to your workspace, clicking on the

"unsubscribe" link (it's not just for unsubscribing from email alerts, even though it looks that way) and

clicking on the link that marks your account as deleted. Your account will be tagged as "deleted" and this will

also unsubscribe you from the newsletter (if you were receiving it), but if you log in again (which you can do),

that notice will be removed and you be shown as an active member again.

You can remove any images you have submitted before you do this, but you cannot remove any of your forum

postings. Why? Well, the photo.net owners/administrators decided long ago that they wanted to create the largest

and best photography knowledge base on the internet. Deleting and removing posts can turn a very useful thread

into a confusing mess that is useless for future users.

a

Which is why the following is in the Photo.net Terms of Use which everyone must agree to in order to be a

photo.net member:

http://www.photo.net/terms-of-use

"...You also grant us a perpetual non-exclusive worldwide royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publicly

perform and publicly display your User Content on the Site and to promote the Site..."

That being said, what I can do is to change your display name so that it is more anonymous. This is usually done

my turning the last name into an initial. HOWEVER, I can ONLY do this if you can provide me with the

login/password for your account. This is to prove that you are the account owner. If you do not have the login

information, I can NOT change your display name.

Please contact me via the "contact photo.net" link if you wish to change your display name.