Host site for nudes

gabor_szabo3

<p>Is there a build-your-own host site that's nude-friendly?<br>

Many have clear definitions against posting images of skin , no matter how artfully done. Some fine print even reads that the website will be canceled and no refunds will be given if objectionable content is discovered.<br>

I'm curious as to how best showcase a series of B&W surrealist news without alarming the gestapo prudes.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>One of the easiest ways would probably be to subscribe to P.Net and build your own Image Pro gallery.<br /><br />Or you can host your own web site with any of the hosting providers (Fat Cow, 1&1, GoDaddy - my personal favorite is LostLands.Net) and make your own site using something easy like JAlbum or Coppermine to make the galleries.<br /><br />I haven't seen any nude restrictions in any small print at hosting providers the last ten years but I must admit to not having looked all that closely since I'm very happy with my current hosting company.</p>

<p>This is from the Terms and Conditions of Webstarts :</p>

<blockquote>

<p>- Adult images are any nude images of the human or humanoid form which depict the nude body in a manner other than in the classical style (i.e. the Statue of David, Venus de Milo, Da Vinci Man Figure, etc). Contemporary nude "art" is considered adult content and is in violation of our Term-of-Service.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I suppose that means photos in the style of Kertész and mapplethorpe are a disting no-no.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Webstarts is pretty limited in what it offers, I guess they keep to that limited viewpoint for everything.<br>

<br />I use fatcow.com, for about the same price ($4/month, you have to look for deals on the web) you get a whole lot more than Webstarts. Their web tools aren't as simple, but they offer a lot more capability.<br>

<br />Webstarts is in the south, look for something north or west, you'll get a much more open view. Like Mikael says, there are hundreds out there...</p>

<p>Thanks. I've been looking into other hosts... it's just that my wife thought the guidelines were quite odd ... <br>

Thankfully, she didn't choose Webstarts. The pics take too long to load, and the slideshow features are really quirky.<br>

I perused some other posts on Pnet and got some good suggestions for her. </p>

<p>Thanks for steering me to FatCow ( no pun intended ?)</p>

<p> </p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Try Zenfolio.com It is a site manager designed specifically for photographers. Offers all kind of extra sales products of your pics, and makes it very hard to steal the pics. I built a wedding site with them. Found the templates easy to use, cost is $100/yr. I am not sure about nudes, but don't recall seeing any massive warnings against them.</p>