HOLOGON!

You lucky ones that have had acces to Zeiss Hologon super wide angle

lenses, what kind of experiences you have? What have you been

photographing with them? What about the old "real ones" if compared

to the modern Contax G mount Hologons? Any famous Hologon

photographers? Anything else?

Hologon dreaming,

Kerkko K.

I'm with Vivek. The 15mm VC lens is stellar. I have it and it is glued to my Bessa L. I also have the full set of G lenses, sans the Hologon. Yes, price was the main deterent but so was the vignetting in examples I've seen as was the fact that I was never overly impresed with the few images I've seen the used the Hologon. Makes me wonder why it is so unusual to see anything taken with this lens.

kerkko, you certanly seem enamored with the 16mm Hologon Any links to some nice photos using this lens?

Jon, for some reason your page is not coming up for me. Times out every time.

Yes indeed, Zeiss in general and Hologon specially are classical concepts. For me, and I suppose that I am not the only one. I have been using (Hasselblad 905) Biogon a lot and in Hologon there is somethig similar glamour, or even more. Subjectively, but asolutely objectively too. Unfortunately I have never yet been able to try one. Did Zeiss ever produce Hologon structure for larger negative?

Kerkko K.

<p>My apologies but my hosting provider suffered a catastrophic hardware failure around 18hrs ago and is in the process of migrating to new hardware. </p>

<p>It appears that I will be off-line for another 6-12 hrs while they manage this.</p>

<p>I'll post here again when it's back up and running.</p>

<p>Cheers...John.</p>

The original Hologon 15 mm f/ 8 exhist in fixed version on the special Contarex without reflex vision and in Leica M version, both extremely rare and very very expensive. The lens performance are both very good. The modern Hologon 16 mm f/ 8 you can mount only on Contax G1 or G2. The lens performance are better than old version (lens progress, dear friend...). But i own a Leica M2/M4/M5/MP and Bessa L/R2 system and i prefer the very best VC Heliar 15/4,5. I'm a user, not collector...

Ciao.

Vincenzo Maielli Bari Italy

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Jani! Pretty interesting lens that 110 mm Hologon. I have now taken some shots with 16 mm G Contax Hologon and it is so good! Optical quality, mechanical quality. Just everything. Hologon is reason enough to buy a Contax! And again these prices of those beautiful devices are nowadays about redigilous.

Kerkko K.

• 14 years later...