hobby lobby $8-$15 reflector

dansutton

<p>hi. i just made my first reflector and cannot say how much i like it. i'm bringing this up just hoping that some more newcomers to photography happen upon this and go to hobby lobby, or any other crafts store, and put together a reflector like this. i found some highly reflective silver and gold posters and just mounted them onto a posterboard backing one to a side. it couldn't be simple and i really enjoy it.</p>

<p>i put some shots up on flickr using just a window and the reflector and wanted other inexperienced shooters like myself to see them and go build a reflector of their own. it couldn't be nicer. the reason being that i have been in the nikon forum the whole time, when i should have been in the lighting forum the whole time--it's what any camera captures. and i have come to the conclusion that the quality of your photography will increase proportional to the amount of time you spend thinking of light. </p>

<p>anyways, the flickr gallery is here <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/rustyhinge/sets/72157621477919797/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/rustyhinge/sets/72157621477919797/</a> just to give an idea of what you can do. </p>

<p>what are some other easy crafts stores DIY projects you have done with lighting? I looked and didn't see any gels, but i'm thinking i could get some exacto knives and start making some paper beauty dishes and then branch into a homemade softbox. i'd like each one to be under $30 but i'm gonna keep going back. just was so excited to see the simplest thing return such a nice result.</p><div>00Ty5h-155831584.jpg.9a5bef6b9f63140afe812ef27b88743f.jpg</div>