Hitech ND Graduated Filters

ntv666

Dear Guys,

I just got set of Sing-Ray ND Reverse and Hitech GND filters . While Sing-Ray filters are easily fitting into my Cokin P

holder , the Hitech filters are little large and it is not fitting in to the Cokin filter holder. What size cokin holder I should buy

for the Hitech filters? Can any one give some advice please. Thanks .

To be honest, I don't bother anymore with my Cokin holders. Just hold the grad in front of the camera with your hand. Whatever movement there may be will make very little - if any - difference.

However, to answer your question, I think it's the Cokin C system.

actually, the Hitech's are 85mm whereas Cokin is 84mm. there is no exact Cokin equiv.

you may want to consider simply sanding down the long edge of the Hitech's by 0.5-1.0mm to make them fit.

That said, I got the Hitech holder (which I'm not sure is imported to the US) (obtained from mfgr formatt.co.uk)

there is variability in the width of the filters.

I just did a spot check of several Hitech's I have (using a Mitutoyo digital caliper) and they vary from 83.2mm to 84.7mm

Most only have 0.5mm or so difference but I did see 1 w/ approx 1.0mm difference along it's length.

I can't say whether Lee's or SR's have the same variability.

So, really, get some 600+ wetdry paper and give the problematic wide filters a couple of swipes to take off a tiny bit of material.