High Speed Camera for Golf?

bob_prichard

If very low resolution is sufficient, any NTSC camcorder can do this. Shoot normally, and use video editing software to convert the fields to frames, and you've got 60 fps right there.

Personally, I use my Sony VX2000 DV camcorder and the the slow motion filter included in the Canopus DV Storm filter set to do this sort of thing, as it's really clean. I did this for someone juggling - the final image was used on a webpage; and also for someone cannonballing into a pool - the final output was for video. Low resolution was fine for me in both of these cases.

In high speed Engineering studies; the old Fastax can go several thousand frames per sec.<BR><BR> Most standard regular 8; 16mm; and 35mm movie cameras go to 64 frames per second. BUT you need one with a variable shutter; that will close down alot; so each frame is say 1/500sec or less. <BR><BR>In the super fast 1000fps stuff; a prism is used; and the film ramps up in speed; and then levels off; if the film doesnt run out. A timing light is used; or a sync pulse; and maybe a ultra fast clock is running too. <BR><BR>There are several different Hulcher 35mm cameras too.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...