Hi friends

<p>Hi friends,</p>

<p>i am not new to this site, but i think i have to introduce myself first, my name is Somnath Chatterjee, i live near Kolkata, India. i have been a member of this site but yet to know the features of this site very well, i am also surprised that many members of this site get a lot of supports and comments from other members, i am not getting that kinds of comments and critiques, have i missed something?...</p><div>00W5Fv-232005584.jpg.c5419e8464c21cfe838df3de7c6c7e38.jpg</div>

<p>Somnath Do not get pulled down just because your image is not critiqued. Some times it takes time for people to recognize your work it's depends on one's eye. The Image which looks great for one may not be the same for other. Try to improve your creativity which is more important as a backbone for your photography skills.. There are skilled photographers who has done amazing job even with point and shoot and entry level dSLR's The key to photography is lighting composition and subject than shutter speed, aperture and ISO. check out the pics in this site that you originally thought to do like... If the image is so impressive ask the photographer how he was able to achieve it. Keep learning and trying... It's a repetition process till you see your desired result..</p>

<p>Take photographs of what you love. For example, I love dogs, and you probably noticed this already. If you photograph what you love, follow basic photographic rules, and try to be creative, you will succeed. To get critiques, I look at the front page, comment on the photograph, if it is striking, is of a subject matter I enjoy, or if I believe it is beautiful. If I really like what I see, I usually view the other photos in that photographer's portfolio and comment. Sometimes I will visit pages from the critique forum in this same manner. If you really enjoy the entire portfolio, you can mark that person as "interesting." That person will see your name in a list of who is interested in you. I have noticed that when I visit many people's photos and portfolios and comment on them, these people will respond to see what I have on photo.net. This is how I found you: you commented on one of my photos. Happy shooting! -- Regards, Janice</p>