Help ... your opinion.

rayyeager

<p>They're both interesting, Ray. My first thought, though, is that #1 is tilted a degree or so clockwise. Because of all of the strong lines in the image, that really jumps right out at me, and distracts from the other aspects of the image. The second image might benefit from a slightly different crop, but I'm feeling more critical of the mask/tool artifacts between the wingtip feathers. In creating the dramatic black background, a little too much bird has been pealed away there, especially in the narrow areas where the feathers meet. At least, that's how it appears at the resolution at which we're seeing the images you linked to. <br /><br />So, not trying to be too picky - just letting you know what jumped out at me. The orientation on the first image should be easy to fix. Fiddling with the masking on the second would be a lot more tedious. Good luck at the session!</p>

<p>Bwtween the two, most certainly the bird for camera club judging, IMO. I am not sure why the background is black. Did you cut and paste? You may lose points on that. If you can put some natural background back (instead of pitch black) and enhance on that instead, that would be great.</p>

<p>Good luck,<br />Mary</p>