Help With TC's!!!

nate_allen1

OK........ So I have a nikon d40 and I am soon to buy an af-s Tamron 70-210mm f. 2.8, for $670-ish, new. Because it

is a f. 2.8, i am looking to teleconvert it into a 140-420mm f. 5.6. I am looking to buy a white Tamron teleconverter for

it, HOWEVER, I have heard that the only teleconverter that would work and AF on it would be the kenko dg af-s

teleconverter. I really want the Tamron tc, but not at the expense of functionality, so, any thoughts? please?

Erik... Hey! Let me explain. It seems the the TELEPLUS PRO series are the favorite among PN members. Specially the

1.4x. The one I have is Kenko DG N-AFD 1.5x Teleplus MC. This is what I heard in a big store in Tokyo "The Teleplus Pro

is design to be used with PRIME lenses and the DG MC type is design for ZOOM lenses" (I kinda doubt it) Also the DG-

MC is half the price. As I said I like it as much as my Nikon BUT I am very easy to please. If you are interested on it it

would be wise you go to a store and try it first. I can show you some samples if you want to. Let me know.

Just for fun, I wanted to see if it would work, I just mounted both TC's on a 300 mm and took a shot of the moon:<div>00R9RZ-78297584.jpg.12bcce4eea9a1f31b963ca3256829fc9.jpg</div>