help with obvious screwup

Atleast i will learn from my major mistake here. I had the camera meter on the black shirts and not their faces.

therefore they look like ghosts. If someone can PLEASE help me with how to edit these. i have 9 that i need to

retouch. i have tried curves, selective color, and color balance. but haven't gotten a good result. i'm asking

if you can fix this photo and explain to me what you did. i'm pretty positive that i will be able to do what you

did to all 9 of the photos as they all look a like. here is a small pic. and then also a link to the full res.

file. Thank you so much for anyone willing to help out. i truly appreciate it.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/joppa36/?action=view&current=IMG_0244.jpg<div>00ROEx-85419584.jpg.ba15f0df8978e0e4fa17f0ada8376f58.jpg</div>

Try this (2 minutes):

Adjustment layer (curve): darken the image globally.

Select, Color range: keep clicking brighter part of the skin with the shift key held down, fuzziness 10-30, .

Adjustment layer (curve): darken the skin in RGB, adjust individual R, G, B curves to your liking.

Duplicate layer

Desaturate top layer

Invert top layer, set to soft light, at 50 percent opacity

Selected his hand and desaturated it -33

Selective color, choose reds -30 on black slider, choose blacks +10 black slider

Curves very small adjustment on shadow end to taste<div>00ROM2-85461684.jpg.add566f1c3b9b7e03a0e4dea6e3e549e.jpg</div>

This wasn't necessarily a screw up. If you look at this from an 'expose to the right' point of view, one could argue that you

deliberately over-exposed the image by a stop or two to minimise noise in the shadow areas.

Plenty of information on the web around this theory.

Pete