Help with eye level finder frame plate for primo jr./sawyers mark iv

rrfoto

I've always wanted a primo jr/sawyer's mark iv and when i finally get one, i pressed the eye level finder frame plate too hard and it's stuck and won't come back up. Any suggestions on how to pop it back out?

51868863417__7E65EFBB-0D0C-4BB5-AC22-CCECCBAA46DF.thumb.JPG.dc3b0b20cec4835d55ee3e5a633f76f3.JPG

Isn't there a little catch to release it?

Or squeezing the finder sides in is sometimes the way to release the sports finder. It's meant to stay down on its own, otherwise it wouldn't be of much use.

There's a manual for the Primo Jr HERE.

If it really is stuck; it looks like there's enough room at the side to fashion a hook from wire and pull it up. Garden wire or an old clothes hanger should do the trick.

• Like 1

Is it like this one? (link is to a picture at Flickr)

Sawyer's Mark IV (3)

If so, I think the button on the back of the hood should release it. Certainly, a similar button does that on my Yashica 44LM.

...but I guess you knew that, and the button's not working, because as you say, the plate has gone a bit too far. I think I'd try removing the whole hood; may be as easy as removing two screws at each side of it; and then you can push the plate up from underneath. Good luck!

Edited by Dustin McAmera
  • Like 1

Isn't there a little catch to release it?

Or squeezing the finder sides in is sometimes the way to release the sports finder. It's meant to stay down on its own, otherwise it wouldn't be of much use.

There's a manual for the Primo Jr HERE.

Yeah there's a little button to release it, but its not working and I tried to pry it up but i didn't want to be too rough.

If it really is stuck; it looks like there's enough room at the side to fashion a hook from wire and pull it up. Garden wire or an old clothes hanger should do the trick.

Is it like this one? (link is to a picture at Flickr)

Sawyer's Mark IV (3)

If so, I think the button on the back of the hood should release it. Certainly, a similar button does that on my Yashica 44LM.

...but I guess you knew that, and the button's not working, because as you say, the plate has gone a bit too far. I think I'd try removing the whole hood; may be as easy as removing two screws at each side of it; and then you can push the plate up from underneath. Good luck!

Yeah it's the same as the link. And yeah, the button doesn't release it. I think i'll try removing the whole hood. Thanks!