[Help] Sunpak 622 TTL to Bronica GS-1?

dongyun___

Hi,

<p>

I recently bought an outfit of GS-1 including an AE rotatory finder G which equipted with spot and average metering. I have a Sunpak 622 flash and wonder if it is possible to get TTL with it conected to the GS-1. I could not find any about TTL flash from the GS-1 manual, nor has Sunpak released a DX shoe dedicating for GS-1 (there is one for SQ-Ai thought, can this work with GS-1?). Thanks for your help!

<p>

Dongyun

I asked the Bronica Distributor here in Toronto the same question 3 years ago. The present GS-1 does not support TTL Flash from any other manufacturer except for its own (low power flash)unlike the ETR-Si and the SQAi that support the industry standard for ttl flash. There were rumors 2 years ago that there was going to be a new GS-1 coming out that would support the TTL standard but I have yet to see this unit.

<p>

Regards

<p>

Jack

Hi,

<p>

I got a response from Sunpak recently about the Q I asked above and would like to share this with those might be interested.

<p>

I asked:

<p>

>I have a 622super and wonder if the available BR-1D module will support

>the dedicated interface (TTL) between the 622 and Bronica GS-1. Thank

>you for your help.

<p>

Sunpak answered:

<p>

Sorry, no. The BR-1D supports the ETRSi and SQAi. the GS-1 uses a different

system, which we do not support- as yet, there is insufficient demand.

<p>

mhh

<p>

From the info I have collected, I would make a conclusion here that The TTL of GS-1 appears to be only limited to use of its own speedlite (GN = 32, ISO100 m). I have a feeling that there are very a few who use GS-1 in TTL. I have decided to get a handhold flash meter and use 622 manually. BTW, thanks a lot for those who have contribute a help to this Q.

<p>

Dongyun