Help repair fd 24mm f/2.8 s.s.c

Discussion in 'Canon FD' started by faisalnuqo, Jul 13, 2017.

1. I want to clean my canon fd 24mm s.s.c model from fungus. S.s.c model have 8 screws in front lens ( I had already remove 4 screws for the filter ring then another 4 screws I think for front or rear element lens ). The 8 screws has been remove but I can't remove the front elements.

Anyone who have experience with this lens can give me some tips?

Thank you

DSC_7634.JPG

2. The silver ring surrounding the black inner barrel (with the screw holes) has spanner slots, suggesting that it can be unscrewed. Maybe unscrew that.

Better yet, locate a repair manual and use that as a guide. FD lenses can be complex inside.

3. The disassembly of this lens from the front is a puzzle relative to the few other FD lenses I have partly disassembled. I want to clean the glass and take out the oily aperture mechanism for cleaning.

I removed the name plate using 99% isopropyl alcohol and a homemade grip tool. Then there are the 4 small screws holding the filter ring. At that point my lens looks like the image you show.

I have searched online and come up with nothing except this page. This lens is more complex because it has 2 helicoids. Were you able to figure out what to do to get access to the inside glass?