Help removing lens flare from this image

<p>Hi everyone</p>

<p>I'm looking for some advice on how best to remove the green lens flare from the attached photo. It's a two shot HDR processed in Photomatix and Capture NX2.</p>

<p>I also have PSE 9 available.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Chris</p><div>00cQGi-545894484.jpg.d80541ecec48eb140570ff9e883a9150.jpg</div>

<p>What exposure variations did you use for the HDR composite? If the aperture was the variable, you'll have slightly different flare artifacts in each shot, which will make cloning easier. If the shutter speed and/or ISO were the variables, that method won't help.</p>

<p>I don't see any significant green information elsewhere in the photo, so the simplest method may be to desaturate the green selectively, using a brush or mask over the most visible flare.</p>

<p>Also, it may be better to start again from the original two photos. Tackle the flare at that point in the editing. Then recombine for the HDR, since Photomatix tends to exaggerate colors.</p>

<p>Or in CS5 and later Photoshop, use the "Content Aware" option after selecting and using "Fill". In many cases this will be all you need to do.</p>

<p>The wonderful thing, to me, about Photoshop is that there are a huge number of alternatives to the desired end. That is, except for that "cloud" license thingie.</p>