Are any professionals aware of very upscale proof albums for 4X6

photos? Leather cover, matted pages, etc? Can you supply the

manufacturer and catalog item number?

Oh, I should mention I am already aware of albums like Tap's Parade

line. I want something much nicer and very upscale if it exists for

4X6 prints.

Thanks, Chris

Chris-

Have you looked at the Art Leather Prelude Album?

It is available with a three tier 4x6 page. The only issue I have is that the sleeves are glossy. A locking version is also available that allows you to prevent print removal (I think).

--Michael M., East Central Florida, USA--

I can't resist speaking up for the 4:3rds Olympus image ratio in digital, which comes very close to a 4x5" proof! ;>)

What you mention would suit me fine, and would really only cut a bit off each short edge of your 4x6" format.

A 4x5" print is the equivalent of an 8x10" print, and, when I was shooting film I marked my viewfinder screen with a Sharpie pen so I would know how to compose to produce a 4x5" proof and an 8x10" display print.

You might want to shoot with that cropping factor in mind and work with the nice 4x5" proof albums.

Hi Chris,

I recently attended PPA's convention and had the opportunity to get acquainted with lots of products. As you make your request I can't help to recall about 2 products in particular.

Although I haven't had the opportunity to do business with them, PictoBooks.com should fit the bill for your upscale look and perception. It's elegant, minimalistic and well crafted.

Another product that comes to mind is one that Kevin Kubota featured in his presentations. The product is a new product called Asuka Books. They're trendy and upscale quality coffee table books. Since you're in charge of the publishing you could use any of their books as your proof book. Check it out at AsukaBook.com.

Another trend I noticed at the convention was the use of proof boxes. Individual 4x6's packaged on a nice custom fit box, finished in leather, cloth, velvet, and other materials. I cant remember which vendor had the best one, but I would inquire the people at PictoBooks for such product. This would be particularly easy to package and present to your clients due to the ease of use, versatility and convenience of reviewing the proofs by more than one person at a time.

I hope you find the product that fits your needs the most. I believe you wont be dissapointed by any of these vendors/products.

Keep me posted about your decision.

Best,

-Vlad

LOL, the Sharpie thing works. I placed 4 dots (different colors for different crops) on my TLR viewfinders when I used them for portrait sessions.

Thanks so much to each of you for your suggestions. I'm going to check them all out. I've been doing this wedding thing now for a few years, and my business is finally poised to take off. I just need a few upscale products to make the push into weddings where I can charge higher fees.

My magazine shoots are resulting in client contacts who can afford to pay more, so I've got to get produts into my lineup that present my images in a more attractive package. Proof presentation is so important, then I've got to tackle formal albums and collage/storybook styles.