Help! Minox IIIs Jamed

Discussion in 'Minox' started by mc2imaging, Apr 28, 2009.

1. I just recieved my 3rd Minox today (I also have a B and a C) but I'm having an issue with this IIIs. When I opened it, the shutter wouldn't trip until I set the speed dial to 'T.' Now I can't close the camera. It travels about half way and doesn't want to go any farther. If I open the film compartment, I do see the film take up turning. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?
    Anyone know of a reliable source for legal service manuals?
    I'm told this camera was CLA'd by Minox in '97, maybe it is due again? I'm not afraid to pull a few screws to fix the problem, but I've never been into a Minox before (although I have serviced a number of 35mm SLRs and lenses).
    Thanks in advance for any help...

2. Matthew, your Minox IIIs shutter probably gummed up, you need to send it to
    www.dagcamera.com

3. Any idea what he might charge for a CLA?

4. Don figured about $65. It is on its way to him if it isn't there already.
    Sadly, I was hoping to find some Minox service manuals but no luck. As I said before, I've serviced a number of cameras (in fact I'm restoring a Chinon and a Sputnik right now), but the Minoxes aren't as obvious about how they come apart as others are, and I knew I could do as much damage as good going 'exploring.'

5. $65 eh? Not bad. My minox B seems to need a good CLA so maybe I'll get in contact with him....thanks for that info Mathew.