Help! Minox IIIs Jamed

mc2imaging

<p>I just recieved my 3rd Minox today (I also have a B and a C) but I'm having an issue with this IIIs. When I opened it, the shutter wouldn't trip until I set the speed dial to 'T.' Now I can't close the camera. It travels about half way and doesn't want to go any farther. If I open the film compartment, I do see the film take up turning. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?</p>

<p>Anyone know of a reliable source for legal service manuals?</p>

<p>I'm told this camera was CLA'd by Minox in '97, maybe it is due again? I'm not afraid to pull a few screws to fix the problem, but I've never been into a Minox before (although I have serviced a number of 35mm SLRs and lenses).</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for any help...</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Don figured about $65. It is on its way to him if it isn't there already.</p>

<p>Sadly, I was hoping to find some Minox service manuals but no luck. As I said before, I've serviced a number of cameras (in fact I'm restoring a Chinon and a Sputnik right now), but the Minoxes aren't as obvious about how they come apart as others are, and I knew I could do as much damage as good going 'exploring.'</p>