Help Identify Flash Sync Cord

FPapp

Hello,

Can anyone identify what type of connector this flash sync cord has?

Male PC on one end to ??? on the other.

I'd like to get a replacement or two, it's for an old Beseler/Toshiba flash. Can't seem to find one like it anywhere.

Thanks

0b25a51aa8ad4f459f5c45cd41f1d5d1

I could swear I've seen or actually have one of these. I think it's for my vintage Toshiba hot shoe mounted flash bulb flash. The flat blade has the wedge shape because as you insert the cord into the flash unit it retracts the hot shoe connection. I believe the contact needs to be retracted or the solid, non-hot shoe will short and fire the flash. I wish I could find my box of camera "stuff" to be sure...

I could swear I've seen or actually have one of these. I think it's for my vintage Toshiba hot shoe mounted flash bulb flash. The flat blade has the wedge shape because as you insert the cord into the flash unit it retracts the hot shoe connection. I believe the contact needs to be retracted or the solid, non-hot shoe will short and fire the flash. I wish I could find my box of camera "stuff" to be sure...

After giving it some more thought, it was NOT a flash bulb flash. It was an electronic flash. I think I had to throw away the flash after leaking batteries ruined it. I may still have the cord...

The first portable electronic flash I owned from new was a Toshiba ES-36 and it had that connector. Also, much later, a smaller Toshiba Hotshoe speedlight I bought had the same fitting. So I think it's a proprietary flash plug/socket invented by Toshiba, who pulled out of the photo-accessory market many years ago.

Two options as I see it:

1. Shop around for cheap/broken Toshiba flashes that come with a P-C cable.

2. Replace the socket in the flash with something more universal - after leaving it switched off for a couple of days to discharge. Safety first!

FYI

Just did a quick ebay search on "toshiba camera flash". Found a bunch of flash units with that connector.

Thank everyone for all the replies.

As Steven said, a quick search on eBay yielded a lot of results. I might just have to buy an extra flash just to get the cord. By the way, those Beseler/Toshiba 925A flashes are nice little units!

Edited by FPapp

I don't see it here, but maybe it will help someone down the road:

[ATTACH=full]1431411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1431412[/ATTACH]

Modern Photography 1955-04

[ATTACH=full]1431413[/ATTACH]

Ahh, there's nothing like standardisation... . and that's certainly nothing like standardisation!