Help! Hasselblad 203FE jammed

terencetan

Hi, I'm literally in a jam and hope this friendly forum can help!

I use a Hasselblad 203FE and today while cocking the camera with a 110/2 lens mounted, I can wind perhaps 90% then the crank won't go any further. The shutter won't fire. The mirror is back down. I can easily remove the lens whereas i know the lens can't be removed easily in some cases of jamming. The shutter release button can be depressed fully but the camera doesn't fire presumably because the camera is not fully cocked.

I would really appreciate advice from anyone who has experience with this.

Regards,

Terence

Don't replace the lens. If the lens jams, the repair costs will soar.

While the lens does not have a shutter, the automatic diaphragm uses the same coupling.

Try pressing the double exposure button in the hub of the wind crank. That may let you finish cocking the camera with the lens off. More likely, it needs basic maintenance from Hasselblad (about $400).

Don't replace the lens. If the lens jams, the repair costs will soar.

While the lens does not have a shutter, the automatic diaphragm uses the same coupling.

Try pressing the double exposure button in the hub of the wind crank. That may let you finish cocking the camera with the lens off. More likely, it needs basic maintenance from Hasselblad (about $400).

Hi Ed,

Thank you! I tried that but it still refuses to wind on. I will send it in for service.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ed,

Thank you! I tried that but it still refuses to wind on. I will send it in for service.

Sorry to see this so late.

This happens occasionally with my 203. If you flip up the hand crank and press the button (you can't tell it's a button, but it's there), that seems to fix it. I would appreciate it if you would report back with whatever resolution you came to regarding this.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Totally new to this forum, but hope to get some help.

203FE with a 50 mm Distagon 2.8

I was shooting som portraits today, and during some of the last frames the cocking did not fully complete. Lens can be removed, shutter button can be fully pressed. And everything looks normal in the viewfinder.

But the wind crank is stuck at its current position. I tried pressing the double exposure button with no luck.

I tried removing mag and lens but it makes no difference. I believe the cocking is 99% complete.

I used to have a 500 cm when I was young and think I experienced something similar back then, somehow solving it myself.

Anything I can do? As always, stuff like this happens at the worst possible time.

Thanks in advance!