Hello from Nashville!

<p>Hello, my name is Karen. I'm from the Nashville, TN area. I've been self-taught in photography for about 7 months now and am trying to learn all that I can, but I don't know many photographers in the area that I can talk to and ask questions of. There is so much to learn, I feel like I might be 80 y.o. before I feel comfortable with my knowledge (I'm 34 now)! :)<br>

My main focus in photography so far has been landscape & macro work. However, I've also done portraiture, editorial, artwork, and business promotion. I'm trying to learn all aspects so as not to pigeon-hole myself or narrow my options as I'm learning. So far so good! Check out my website at <a href="http://karenmorelandphotography.com/">www.karenmorelandphotography.com</a>. You can also navigate to my blog and Facebook pages from there.<br>

Looking forward to meeting other photographers that I can talk with and get answers to my questions. Hopefully in time I will be able to share some knowledge in return! </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hello, Karen, from about 100 miles east of you (Crossville). Welcome to PNet. Looking at your website, I'd say you're off to a really good start for someone who's been at this for only seven months. By the way, the learning curve never really ends. I'm 74 and have been doing photography seriously since I retired 18 years ago, and I still don't know all the answers...</p>

<p>Thank you for the welcome, William! Your work is amazing (per my comment on your portfolio). I absolutely love living in TN because of all the great landscapes around me. Also, thanks for the encouragement about the learning curve. My husband is always telling me the same thing, to take my time and enjoy it because I will never know all there is to know about photography. I always get so anxious because in my mind, the faster and more I learn, the better my photos will get, so why wouldn't I want to cram it all in? lol. But for now, I'll try to slow down a minute so I can actually absorb some of it. :)</p>

• 2 weeks later...