Hello from England

<p>Hi, I have just joined your forum, I am a retired London Fireman. I have always loved photography and at the moment use a Canon 40D. When I was a lot younger I built a darkroom on the side of my house, I love B&W photography and used to process my own film and print the results. This is a long winded way of asking for some advice. I have just started collecting old folding bellows type cameras. I have a couple I would like to identify, is film still available for 620 cameras? should I post a picture and questions on the Classic camera site. Thanks. </p>

<p>Good Morning Richard,<br>

Welcome to this wonderful site. I am a resident of sunny Wales, miles away from you but at least on the same rock!<br>

120 film is still available. Would there be any way of adapting that to your 620 bodies? <br />If you like bellows bases cameras, a half way solution could be old folder medium format cameras sourced through the auction site or second hand camera shops. Kodak and Agfa bodies go for not much although the unusual types, and the likes of Zeiss Ikon or Voightlander bodies would be going for more. Is there any reason why you might be seduced by the larger format? Would you be developing and scanning your own?</p>

<p>Hi Starvy in sunny Wales, thanks for the response. This is a branch of my hobby that has only just started. I think in the back of my mind is the thought that I would like to develop B&W film again and print from that. I really don't know how to go about it yet. But it would be great to use these old cameras and get a good result from them. I used to use a twin lens reflex camera that I gave away years ago??? I remember the results from that were very good. I have just bought another on ebay (are we allowed to say that?) and await that now. Best regards Richard</p>

<p>Hi, Richard! Immigrant (groan) from the US, been living in South London for 4 1/2 years now, and loving life--and photography--in the UK.<br>

You might try here for 620 film:<br>

http://www.fotoimpex.de/Home/films/e-127/e-127.html<br>

They apparently trim and re-spool 120 film (Efke) onto 620. There are several American retailers of obsolete film, including 620, here (scroll down a bit):<br>

http://www.ukcamera.com/manufact/film.htm<br>

I've heard many people recommend J&C for that sort of thing; not sure about the others. Hope those are helpful. Cheers!</p>

<p>Thanks Bernard, that is a great help. I don't think our American friends are look upon as immigrants, a lot of your airmen flew from here during the last war and never returned home. On a lighter note lol, I did think I might try to re spool 120 to 620 spools myself but if I can buy it then all the better. Thanks very much for the links I have made a note of them all. Best regards Richard</p>