HDR with Nikon D7000?

aleksej_panic2

<p>Hi, - This camera offers many possibilities and variations far grater then I would ever need. It is usually sign of an immature technology. If you are capable or in situation to deal with root problems the result is simple, if not then you beat bush around… To overcome one of the limitations like narrow dynamic range we mostly use HDR: bracket with at least 3 frames in steps of 2EV and process it. You can do it with D90, D300s even with tiny Canon G10 but seams to me not with nikon D7000. How do these too many zeroes translate in what you can do? Or you jus continue shopping around.<br>

</p>

<p>There is a button on the left side of the lens mount right be low the flash pop-up button. Push this button and you can program the bracket mode. Just as in the D80 and D90. I don't think the number of zeros in the model name have anything to do with how many features are built into the camera, if that were true the Nikon F3 wouldn't do much would it?</p>

<p>Two people who have actually tested the D7000 confirm that it can bracket in 2 EV increments, just like the D90 did. Nikon hasn't taken anything away.</p>

<p>OK, that was in as plain English as I could manage. Now, for Aleksej...</p>

<p>The two many zeros translate to not enough research and confirmation of data. Data must be confirmed, affirmed, firmed up, and uplifted. Once uplifted, also sifted. This was not done, not fun, not won, so jus shopping around, jus fooling around are not to be. Jus sleeping around will get the wife mad, and may catch you a disease, so please seize what you see that seems to be.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Even if the camera did not have an AUTO bracket feature, I hope you are aware that you can quickly and easily bracket just about any DSLR in MANUAL mode.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Which is THE way to do it. I've used auto-bracketing all of zero times on my D90. Zero on my D50, I think, too.</p>

<p>Well, I did make a tack sharp 30+ sec exposure once. But that boils down to proper body bracing (was against a lamp post) and proper breathing (or lack there of) technique. I was against a lamp post, standing, with my bottom support arm braced into my stomach/chest. I beleive it was a 50mm lens on an older Minolta (want to say XG-M) body. Night time in downtown Chicago and I shot the L over the street, somewhere around 11:30pm. Film should have been Velvia 50. Think I lost the slide in a house fire though. Might still have a digital copy of it.</p>

<p>Honestly, both Photoshop and Photomatix do great jobs on matching up hand held bracketed shots. The only time I have noticed an issue was with the OOF areas on a few.</p>

<p>"Which is THE way to do it. I've used auto-bracketing all of zero times on my D90."</p>

<p>That's a strange statement. This is one case where DSLR automation provides great utility. What would I gain by manually adjusting the shutter speed between photos? I'd also be taking the chance of changing the orientation of the camera by touching it, which wouldn't be what I want for a set of shots as input to my HDR software .</p>