have you ever gone somewhere on a whim and made a good pic?

beegeedee

did you choose the lens, body, or flash a bit randomly, too?

one weekend, i was working at home and got the urge to go to a nearby lake to take pictures. not unusual for me.

i grabbed my big sig lens, a bit unusual for me, but sometimes it is my walk-about lens!

i'm walking along the shoreline and 4 friendly fellows start asking me about photography and asked me to take their picture. sure, but nothing to hang in a photo contest (although it was my first drunk redneck homosexual shoo!)

then, a heavily laden photographer walks by and tells us that she is doing a bride-to-be shoot but she doesn't know it yet! her boyfriend will soon crash the shoot and do a surprise marriage proposal!

so, i wondered, why did i go there then with that lens and why did the drunks delay my walk so i could get this shot?

an engineer would say i was lucky, but perhaps intuition was helping.

have you ever, been in the right place at the right time with the right gear, unexpectedly? post it!

32597356570_e714611c62_b.jpg_LNG1365 by BG Day, on Flickr

• Like 3

"I have always preferred inspiration to information.” - Man Ray

“The eye should learn to listen before it looks.” - Robert Frank

“To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

"A camera is a tool for learning how to see without a camera.” - Dorothea Lange

Was meeting a friend for an event up at Fort Mason in San Francisco. While waiting in the parking lot, this scene unfolded. I try to get out as much as I can and seek out different locations when I do, though this wasn't really meant to be a photo outing. Then again, there's often something of interest to catch my eye in all corners of this city.

ft-mason-photog-model-4920-FINAL-w.thumb.jpg.238aee12e5f04d635c9ce413dad99e6c.jpg

Edited by Norma Desmond
  • Like 1
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!