I'm located in Sydney, Australia, and I know that CR Kennedy is the

authorised service agent. My question is: does anyone have any

experience with CR Kennedy's repair service? Alternatively, can anyone

recommend other Hasselblad repairmen in Australia with whom they are

happy?

Thanks in advance,

Julian.

<i><<a href="http://4020.net/">4020.net</a>></i><p>

I'm also located in (well, near) Sydney. I recently wanted to have some modifications done

to a 500c/m and spoke to this bloke:<p>

<strong>Eric Owen</strong><br>

Thornlands QLD<br>

ph: 07 3821 6532<br>

<a href="http://www.owenphotographicrepairs.com">owenphotographicrepairs.com</a>

<p>

I didn't go ahead with the mods, but he was v.helpful and appeared to know his 'blads

inside out. BTW - he's one of those tech's who you're better off phoning than emailing.

Julian, I have had experience over the years with Kennedys. Always good, if a bit slow, but by the book. I think, but am not sure, that all 'Blad repairs are now sent to New Zealand. That's where the service mechanics are!

Alternatively, as you have the 500CM, the following contact in Melbourne I can recommend as thorough. The boss man is Laurie Richards. It is a family affair. Wife, daughter, son in law (top mechanic), and a large employed staff.

Camera Clinic

..Photogrphc Reprs Cmmrcl

56 Easey St Collingwood 3066

(03) 9419 5247

I always went there until I acquired the 'Blad 203FE (focal plane body). They won't work on FP bodies.

Kennedys did (on behalf of Hasselblad) replaced my original 203FE, which was the first in Australia, after 10 years, FREE of charge because they, nor the factory, could not repair a 'glitchy twitch'. I have had several new items off the shelf to replace faulty gear despite being well out of warranty. Service is good, but sometimes a bit slow. They (Kennedy's) do offer me loan gear if I really need it. I think my old 203FE is now a loaner!

Yup CR Kennedy is the authoried service agent but they send all the hassy gear to be

serviced in NZ now a days so could be a while before you get it back.

You can also check out "Legend Camera Repairs" They are good and were recommended to

me by the guys at "Photo Riesel"

They can check everything for you and give you a quote to whether you want to go ahead

with the repairs or not.

They are located at

Level 5

Shop 16a/428 George Street

Sydney 2000

Phone number is: 9232 1225

They are right next to the Myers building and Dymocks book store.

Cheers,

Berry

Julian, most people I know that have used Kennedy's have been unhappy with time taken (Hasselblad and Nikon equipment); results; and the way problems were resolved.

I have all work on my Hasselblad and Zeiss lenses done by Camera Clinic in Victoria (Collingwood). They also look after my large format gear - Linhof and the Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.

It is a sizable business receiving equipment from all over Australia. You just parcel post to them and they will reliably time the work; sensibly quote costs and advise on alternative solutions. Most of all the absolutely guarantee their work.

Contact details are: Camera Clinic, 56 Easy Street, Collingwood, Vic ph 03 9419 5247.

They recently callibrated my 4 Hasselblad/Zeiss lenses beautifully.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...