Hasselblad PCP80 Replacement Bulb

george_carpenter1

<p>I recently bought a PCP80 projector. Among other things, I thought it prudent to stock a couple of extra lamps because they simply are not available locally. The Hassy manual is not helpful when it specifies a bulb as DIN49820. After some checking, that turns out to be an ANSI EHJ bulb, of which there are a few sub-types.<br>

It may be news to some and not to others, but not all of the listed "EHJ" bulbs are rated for use in a horizontal position. Some are only listed as for use categorized as "base down." In addition, not all of the listed variants have the same rated light output, even though the electrical input is listed as the same.<br>

For the above reasons, I chose Osram brand: it is rated for horizontal application and it has a high light output.<br>

Wish I knew where to put this on an info section. Thanks.</p>

<p>George,</p>

<p>Great choice in choosing the Hasselblad PCP80 projector. Did you speak to Hasselblad USA for their recommendation on which bulb is best for the PCP80 projector?<br>

I seen many medium format projection by this projector and concluded that this is the ultimate in regards to any medium format projector. Additional lenses & condensor are rather hard to find nowadays.<br>

Evan</p>

<p>Well, answers to the various questions are as follows:<br>

David--I think that Osram is the European branch of the U.S. Sylvania company. I figured that the projector would have come equipped with a European-manufactured bulb as an O.E.M. item. In any event, my experience is that Japanese and European manufactured bulbs last longer than to those manufactured in the U.S. I think it likely that the lifespan of U.S. products has been manipulated downwards.<br>

Evan--No, I didn't think that Hasselblad would be interested in servicing a product that old. Nevertheless, that is a good idea.<br>

With regards to the light output: The bulb is 24V 250 watt in specifications and that is what all of them are rated. However, that is the rated input or power consumption, not a measure of how much light they put out. I am no bulb expert, but different brands run from 8000 to 10,000 Lumens of brightness and the Osram was one of the 10,000 Lumen output variety.<br>

Many thanks, all.</p>

• 11 months later...

<p>George,<br>

I just purchased a PCP 80 projector and need some bulbs. the info you provided is very helpful, but I'm wondering if you could direct me to a web store and provide the exact item number I need to purchase. I'm finding getting a replacement bulb harder and more confusing than I thought it would be.<br>

Thanks!</p>