Hasselblad lenses

rob_knight

Hey everyone,

I was looking at getting a new lense for my hasselbald 500CM and came across a

question you folks might be able to answer for me. I was looking at 50mm

lenses and was woundering if I could buy a C lenses for my 500CM. I don't

know the differece beteween a C lens and a crome lense and everything elses.

If someone could fill me in on what lenses I can and can't use with my hassy,

well that would be great.

Thanks alot,

Rob Knight

A C lens will work just fine. It is a little funky - by default, shutter speed and aperture are locked together. There's a spring-loaded tab that you push to set them independently. The C lens also has a mechanical self-timer that CF's do not. Look for the T * designation. Some C lenses had it (multicoating), but most do not. The filter size is B50, not B60. Chrome is a styling feature of bodies and magazines - some came in chrome, and some in black. There is no functional difference.

The 500cm will work with any shutter lens - C, CF, CFI or CFE. The best 50mm lens has an FLE designation, which is also CF or newer. The optical design is significantly better than the older C or non-FLE CF lenses, whether or not you actually use the FLE adjustment. The C is OK, but I've used them both. I'm not going back to the C - I like it better when the corners are sharp.

The C stands for Compur shutter. I had a chrome 50mm C in the 80's that wasn't T* coated. It was very soft in the corners. I now have a black T* C 50mm which is very sharp in the corners. I also have the 50mm f/2.8 F lens (no shutter) It is better than the C T* but weighs almost twice as much as my C T* 50mm. When I travel I take the C T*. Locally I use the 50mm f/2.8 F.

To use the F or FE lenses you need a 2000 or 200 series camera that have a focal plane shutter, all which have been discontinud by Hasselblad.