Hasselblad H3DII-39 raw files: any you can share?

desmond_kidman

<p>In moving to digital I went "35mm" full frame, feeling that medium format was not mature enough yet and the

pricing too high at the time.</p>

<p>My guess has been Hasselblad might be one of the better supported systems going forward, though one

never knows for sure in these matters. I would like a body to be very well supported for at least 5 years, and

at this point I have a general feel that Hasselblad would fit that requirement. I would be curious to hear other

opinions.<br>

<br>

In particular the larger sensor Hasselblad looks pretty attractive to me, but only if the files are that much

better than the Canon full frame sensors. Does anybody have a raw file or 2, shot on a tripod, that I

could look at? I would like to bring it up, look at the quality, make a print, etc. I would love to see at

least one landscape/travel/outdoor shot. A studio product shot would be interesting too.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hasselblad will support your camera for as long as they can.<br>

But they no longer offer upgrades. Once you have an H3, it will never become an H4.</p>

<p>Funny, by the way, how you thought MF digital was not mature enough, while the 35 mm based thingies are the ones that are the new kids on the block. ;-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>Hasselblad will support your camera for as long as they can.<br />But they no longer offer upgrades. Once you have an H3, it will never become an H4.</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yes, understood, I'm not looking for upgrades to future models, but for support for any problems or software glitches that might develop. I heard some bad stories about Kodak's support for problems for units that were not very old.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>Funny, by the way, how you thought MF digital was not mature enough, while the 35 mm based thingies are the ones that are the new kids on the block. ;-)</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Well, shelling out $7k for a top end digital Canon 3 1/2 years ago was a lot less risky than shelling out over 3 times that much for a digital H series. And, one could argue that the Canon FF was indeed more mature at the time, as they have not changed their sensor size in the ensuing period, and the top level camera has only changed once. Now how many changes has the H series sensors gone through in the same time period? Maybe mature was not the correct word. Maybe "stable" would have been more appropriate.</p>

<p>I any case, the post is to look for some files of the latest 39mp Hasselblad. I'm still hoping for help there. And yes, I know I can rent, but my first step was to see if I could easily get hold of some files. </p>

<p>Sir, I am assuming that you have the H system, since you seem so in tune with its iterations and choices. If so, would you have some files I could look at? After all, that's the main purpose of the post as summed up in the final paragraph. Many thanks in advance if you do have files you can send. </p>