Hasselblad Film Roll Holder key won't turn

john_pluta

I've had Rotator cuff surgery so I put my Hasselblad 500 CM in my closet. I was starting to feel better and wanted to take some photos. Everything works on it except the film roll holder key on the magazine won't turn. I can't load a roll of film in it. Please tell me it's something simple.

John

It probably is something simple (dislodged post inside), but if the key will not turn at all and you can't get the insert out of the shell, you need to dismantle the insert by removing screws underneath the leatherette covering to begin with.

The mechanisms of the insert and lock are simple, but you need to find a repair manual on the web to guide you. With a repair manual it really is simple to fix.

I've had Rotator cuff surgery so I put my Hasselblad 500 CM in my closet. I was starting to feel better and wanted to take some photos. Everything works on it except the film roll holder key on the magazine won't turn. I can't load a roll of film in it. Please tell me it's something simple.

John

Did you try to push in and release intermittently the film roll holder while trying to turn the film roll holder key?

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.