Hasselblad A16

Hello i just got this back, it is a A16 but i have a question.

I thought that with this back i could shoot 16 and rectangular frames 6x4.5.

I removed the dark slide sheet and i was expecting to see a rectangular frame, am i wrong? Do i need to add a mask or they just sold me a A12 for a A16?

i am very confused...attaching image of the back.

Thanks

Filippo

IMG_7521.thumb.JPG.6ea1dd1596ee2a74bde4427d1ae19303.JPG IMG_7522.thumb.JPG.57336831beb882248b533196af688cae.JPG

The back was designed for super slides. Years ago it wasn't a bad idea as you could project the slides in the same projector that shows 35mm slides but of course you had a larger transparence in the same sized cardboard frame.. These days, not too much point to it.

And they did make a mask for the focusing screen.

• Like 1

You have a 16 S back. No, you cannot change the mask in the back

PS - I have heard of having the back machined to the 6x4.5 size, but I have never seen the results, though I have also heard that doing so can screw up the film plane.

Best advice - use it like you have it or sell it and get an A16. There are always people looking for a 16 S as it was not all that common to start with.

FYI - it produced the same slides as you'd get from a roll of 127.

Edited by chuck909

Thanks a lot! going to sell it to get an A16

The back was designed for super slides. Years ago it wasn't a bad idea as you could project the slides in the same projector that shows 35mm slides but of course you had a larger transparence in the same sized cardboard frame.. These days, not too much point to it.

And they did make a mask for the focusing screen.

• 3 weeks later...