Hasselblad 60mm CF / CFi ?

peter_yardley

Hello Peter,

On the barrel of the lens it will say either CB, CF, CFI or CFE (unless the printing has been rubbed off). You can also tell my the style of the lens and "rubber" grip. My CF lenses all have that checkered pattern, but I think the newer lenses (CFI and CFE) are a different design and have smother looking grips. While on the inside, I have been told that the main spring is slightly different in the CFI and CFE lenses, but the CF lens can be easily upgraded to the newer spring. Can anybody verify this information about the spring? Hope this helps. :)

Cheers,

Rafal

Rafal,

I think this new shutter spring talk is result of marketing. Hasselblad had to give us as many reasons as possible to make an update to newer lenses interesting. I have had a few malfunctions with Hasselblad lenses over the years. Inaccurate 1/15 s (on two CF lenses, CLA required), a broken ring of the shutter assembly (250 CF), sticky aperture (150 F, 80 F), paint flakes inside lens (80 F), element separation (250 C) but never ever a broken spring.

Handling between 60 CF and CFi-versions is different and a matter of taste. I like the focussing and flash socket better on the new CFi-lenses but prefer aperture and shutter speed ring handling on the CF-version. CFi-lenses in general incorporate improvements against straylight. But there is not much surface inside such a short lens to produce big problems in this direction. CF-lenses are usually much cheaper secondhand (pre-owned, pre-loved or whatsoever) than CFi-versions.

Ulrik

Whenever a lenses goes into Hasselblad for repairs or servicing, the newer Nivorox (?)

mainsprings are used when the mainspring requires replacement. I believe that all

independent repair shops are all using the newer mainspring, as this is the only mainspring

that could be purchased from Hasselblad.

Peter,<br><br>The CB lens does indeed not have the "F"-mode, in which the shutter is 'switched off'.<br>But that does not mean it can't be used on a focal plane shutter Hasselblad, using the focal plane shutter. It can. Just set the lens to "B", and use the focal plane shutter to time the exposure. <br>After each exposure, the shutter in the lens remains shut until you wind the camera, so though you can leave the mirror set to "instant return"-mode, you don't see anything until then.<br>But it works.