Hasselblad 50mm CFi FLE

dan_n1

<p>The 50 FE lens is the fastest 50 mm WA for MF cameras.<br>

It is a big chunk of glass. With 1200 grs a lot of weight for the money.<br>

Later 50 FE lenses were only 1000 grs and did not focus as close as the early model. </p>

<p>The 50 F was the first lens with floating elements made by Zeiss for Hasselblad.<br>

That lens was fitted later with databus for 200 series cameras.</p>

<p>The 50 FE lens is the fastest 50 mm WA for MF cameras.<br>

It is a big chunk of glass. With 1200 grs a lot of weight for the money.<br>

Later 50 FE lenses were only 1000 grs and did not focus as close as the early model. </p>

<p>The 50 F was the first lens with floating elements made by Zeiss for Hasselblad.<br>

That lens was fitted later with databus for 200 series cameras.</p>

<div>00UUD2-172619684.jpg.a62153b9f48912d247305e1347038436.jpg</div>

<p>Dan, just thought I would ask what makes you unhappy enough with the 50 CFi on your 202/203/205 to consider spending $1K-$2K on a duplication of lenses ?</p>

<p>I don't really consider it too much of a burden to manually meter when using mine on my 203FE.<br>

Auto with the 110FE is quite useful, but with the wide I tend to need to tilt down and AE lock so much that manual exposure works out quicker and more reliable.</p>

<p>hi Donald,<br>

I am not unhappy with my 50mm CFI LFE, on the contrary, but...<br>

I have mixed bag of lenses with and without data bus... and once in a while I forgot to turn the aperture down for measuring... specially when I switch lenses...<br>

OK... ok... I need to be more careful...<br>

should I mention it in here? (http://www.photo.net/black-and-white-photo-film-processing-forum/00ULvA)<br>

:-)</p>

<p>Dan, if you have all "...E" lenses you do not have the problem of forgetting to stop down for metering but you can incur in another problem: to forget to switch the camera mode from "C" to "F" when you change lens. Or you should use all lenses in "F", this is a solution but i prefere to use in "C" mode for less vibration and for not to worry about battery consumption, even flash synch is an issue in "F" mode if you need fill flash outdoor.</p>

<p>aaahhh Diego...<br>

you're right, but I am on a cross road here... one side are E lenses, the other side are non E lenses... which way to turn?<br>

sooo, I keep them all and learn to adapt myself to them... well learn to "not to forget" to do this and that before releasing the shutter.<br>

:-)<br>

thanks...</p>