Hasselblad 500ELM

<p>Apologies, but another camera that uses batteries! I have had my 500ELM for a few years but it was out of service due to those Nickel Cadmium batteries that do die eventually. Found a neat solution in the the shape of an adapter that lets me use a standard 9V "transistor" battery..problem solved, and the ELM lives on.<br>

I mostly use my 500C these days, much lighter for an old back like mine, but I do love the look and feel of the ELM...the noise when it fires is spectacular as well! Of course I can tell people that it is the Moon camera, well close anyway.<br>

Anyway after our little spell of wintry weather I took the ELM up the mountain to the Monaro High Plains to give it a workout. These were taken on a property with an abandoned stone house after a light snowfall...yes, it does snow in Australia, and it was as cold and miserable as it looks!<br>

First the Swedish beast.</p><div>00bkyM-540883584.jpg.e27b861385a31e2af9de06a2f0c552d0.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks Guys. Yes, snow in Australia! I live far enough south (near the NSW, Victoria border) that we do get a winter. Although I'm on the coast, a short 1 hour trip will get me on the escarpment at 1200meters, which does get some snowfall, but it doesn't hang around long. The Australian Alps are another 2 hours from there, and the snow does stay there all winter.</p>

<p>Thanks and sorry Rob, but the Rolleicord is a sweet thing. Rick, I love to photograph snow, but sliding down an icy peak on a pair of sticks doesn't appeal to me at all!<br>

Looking at the weather map shows that NZ is really copping it, the South Island looks like it will be covered...so yeah, we didn't use it all!</p>

Tony, I have been a lurker lately, but always enjoy your posts. Always well done, but

this one is a favorite because my main cameras are a 500 elm and elx. I must have

tens of thousands of shots on both cameras. The 120mm was my first lend back in

the early 80s, and still one of my favorites. Pan F is a great choice.

<p>I like the way the Sonnar images a lot. Beautiful photos.</p>

<p>Rob, don't feel bad about your Rolleicord. You can make fantastic images w/ those, no matter what lens they have on them. And at the end of the day, your back and shoulder will appreciate not having hauled that ELM around! The one Hassy that I owned had a shutter that would wake the dead, but when I got a Bronica S it's shutter was in a totally different league. More like a gun shot.</p>