Hasselblad 250 superachromat

andreas_carl

These don't move around much...the 250 CFI was something like $6000 new, used regular CF's in top condition go for around $1000 so an outrageous guesstimate by me would land the price over $2000.

I recently noted that the Zeiss site listed this as one of the sharpest medium format lenses.

A "reasonable" price is something less than $3500 and a "great" price is anything under

$3000 for a CFE 250 SA. I have one and I bought it new in Hong Kong just after it came out

and just before the price jumped up, perhaps 4 or 5 years ago now, and I paid $3500. It is

an absolutely super lens in my opinion. I use it a lot.

The $6000 is for a CFI 250 SA, naturally, regular 250's cost less.

<p><i>The way the world economy is lurching towards recession right now there'll be plenty of distress sales of expensive cameras on Ebay before long...but with a lot fewer buyers.</i>

<p>There aren't too many SA's around and even in recessions there are always people who can afford it. It's hard to estimate price development for a discontinued, rare lens that has exceptional performance.

<p>I've tried an SA and have nothing but good things to say about it. Unfortunately, it's rare and expensive, but such is life.