Handlebar mount

rjacksonphoto

Hi There,

I have used something that I purchased on eBay. It was a hardware-store C-clamp that had a tripod-style screw attached. The screw was on a ball head. So once I clamped the whole thing to a handlebar, rail, or branch, I could fine-tune the camera's direction and angle. It worked great for shooting fireworks at a 4th of July roof-top party!

Maybe something like that will show up on eBay or at KEH?!

Sincerely,

Dave

Why would you want to do this? With the still camera, you're much better off to stop and shoot normally. If the camera is mounted on the handlebar you aren't going to be able to compose through the viewfinder while riding and if you're not going to stop the bike to compose and shoot you're going to get nothing more than snapshots like kids shooting out the car window on vacation. I can see doing a point of view shot with the video camera to cut in with other static shots made along the way, but it's going to be very bumpy even with image stabilization. Better to handhold with one hand for the short snippets you need for this and let your body act as a shock absorber.