hair in face/how to remove w/photoshop

Discussion in 'Portraits and Fashion' started by kellykbk, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone,

I had my first portrait shoot last weekend, (fortunatly I have lots of family to practice on) and I have a question about post processing. I
    have a picture that my cousin really loved, however there is a strand of hair in her face. I'm pretty new to photoshop, is there an easy way to
    remove the strand and leave the light in her eyes? I know I can use the clone tool on her forehead, but once it gets into her eyes I have
    difficulty erasing it. Please be specific or show an example! Thank you so much

2. sorry, I had trouble uploading the photo
    00RSQj-87499684.jpg

3. run the spot healing brush down the hair.

or use the healing brush. Sample the area next to the hair. Check alligned at the top. run a small brush over the length of the hair. Use a high magnification view.

The picture is very red. You need to fix that.

4. We used to remove hair with an x-acto knife, before photoshop. It was called etching. It does leave a mark on the surface, but does not show on copied or framed prints. Am sure photoshop is better if you can use it.

5. This was a quick 1 minute fix, but it shows the results of the healing brush.
    00RTTT-88033584.jpg

6. Removing the color cast is a good idea. While you're at it, you could select the teeth, choose Image->Adjustments->Hue and Saturation, and move the Saturation slider down, and possibly the Brightness slider up.