Hahnemühle German Etching - Epson R2880

Hi,

I am having enormous trouble getting my Epson R2880 to recognise the rear feeder tray is attached and thereby being able to select "velvet fine art" as the media type from the Epson printer settings window. Velvet Fine Art is the recommended media setting.

I have installed the Hahnemuhle profile for the R2880 and German Etching, and selected it in the print dialogue box along with Photoshop manage colours. I've also switched my photo black ink cartridge to mat black.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot get this combination to work?

Thanks in advance.

George

Tell me me about that, my Lightroom 4 doesn't want read Sony files, my Mac Pro 2008 which is fine for my needs, not supported from now on.

Convert to DNG (free). Update LR (not free).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

• 2 months later...
Owned an R2880 since forever and I hate it. How its never been launched out the window I'll never know as I'm not known for my patience. Its ok with anything but the paper I want to use, Velvet Fine Art A3+. I've tried every which way.....odd thing is, when you get one sheet to load, you can normally get on a roll and do several, But I've sweated for 2 hours or more sometimes to get the first one to load and then given up. When it works its ok......but I've probably had 30 prints from it in 15 years