Gura Gear Bags?

david_herman3

<p>The biggest thing you need to consider is the butterfly design: if you like this, you'll love the bag. If you want a single big flap, just look elsewhere.</p>

<p>Flap design aside, it's an amazing bag of the utmost quality. The sailcloth exterior is super tough, the padding is adequate, the smaller pockets are useful. The backpack harness is good as well, and I love that it packs away. The details are great, though: in particular, the zipper pulls are a great advance because I can open the bag with my gloved hand, a feature I wish I had on my other backpacks. </p>

<p>David, I am a bag of the month club member and I have the 30L. It is a very ni<em>ce bag but I still use my heavier 10 year old Lowepro PhotoTrekker, that has a single large flap, all the time. I have had the main zipper on the Lowepro replaced once. The Gura Gear Bag is slightly lighter with less padding and the back pack straps are very nice but not as padded and comfortable for long hikes as my old discontinued Lowepro. It is not as well designed for long hiking treks as the Lowepro and I think it holds a little less equipment but for airline travel, that I do more of, I think the Gura Gear is probably a better and fits easier in the over head though they both were designed to meet carry on standards. The Gura Gear bag material is very nice but I am more interested in the zippers and how they will hold up over time. Also the butterfly design took me a while to get used to but its really OK. I routinely carry a 500mm f4 with a soft Aquatech Hood and attached camera body with vertical grip, 300mm f4 AFS, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 28-70mm f2.8, and 17-35mm f2.8. These things seem to fit easier in my Lowepro. When you start adding an extra body, filters and accessories you have to start looking for other options to carry this stuff. There never is a perfect solution between size, comfort and capacity but I think you will probably like the Gura Gear bag just fine. Andy </em></p>