Greetings, review Techart PRO TZE-01

ilmilco

I love to use camera's with lenses from all kind of brands, and since i use both Nikon and Sony, i ordered the Techart Pro TZE-01 adapter approx 3 weeks ago. The transit time from Hong Kong to the Netherlands was approx 5 days. The order was placed before the products was released for sales. Last monday the adapter was delivered by mail, and yesterday i could test the adapter on Nikon Z7 with Sony FE 12-24 lens. In short, i am very happy with it. It has tiny button for lens release, and a tiny button on the lens cap to release the adapter, but when used with care, i am convinced i can be very happy with the adapter for a long time. The image i took was just a test shot from some buildings with pavement and cars in front. The quality of the sharpness is equal when compared between A7RIII and Z7. Since there are license plates of the cars visible i do not share the picture on this forum because of privacy.

Now with some adaptation, i can also use Contax C/Y , Olympus and Hasselblad lenses on my Z7.

It will be fun to use these lenses on the Z7.

• Like 1

I'll be interested to know if the Samyang has less LoCA than the Sigma Art, which it looks like it might. The Sigma seems to have been tested by Lenstip on a lower-resolution Canon body, so it's hard to compare. Looks like the Samyang has weird bokeh behaviour, a lot of vignetting, and the performance drops off a lot away from the centre (though it still beats the Sony). I don't have too much format envy just yet.

I used to have the 85mm f/1.4 F-mount Samyang. The first one had broken electronics (so it acted like AI instead of AI-P), which I got replaced, but it was at least okay on a D700 - nearly as sharp as the AF-S and with nicer bokeh, or at least less LoCA. f/1.4 manual focus is annoying, though, so I swapped for the 85 f/1.8 AF-S (sharp, nice bokeh, criminal amounts of LoCA), then the Sigma Art (sharper, nice bokeh, moderate LoCA). I generally think reasonably well of the brand. Shame the 24mm tilt-shift seemed to have quite so much CA when I tried it - still saving for the 19mm instead. (And a 400 f/2.8, and an 800mm f/5.6, and a pony.)

An adapter to use E-mount lenses on a Nikon Z is a worthy acquisition. It brings Nikon into the latest half-decade of cameras, kicking and screaming as it were. The technical challenges are significant, since the Nikon flange distance is only a couple of millimeters shorter than that of Sony. Compatibility in the reverse direction is probably out of the question (the adapter could use optics for added back space). I shall sorely miss the chance to use one of the four Nikon Z lenses.

License plates are not subject to copyright. They are displayed in public places for all to see. Private citizens have no access to personal information associated with vehicle registration. If still a concern, it is easy to blur license plates, ID numbers and faces to preserve privacy.