Greetings from VA

m_h20

<p>Hi everyone, I'm Michael, and I've owned a D90 for almost a year now. I haven't had much time to use it as I've been busy with medical school, but this summer I'm taking a trip to the Southwest- UT and AZ for 10 days. Anyway, I was thinking of upgrading from my kit lens.<br>

I'm thinking about getting either the Nikon 16-85mm or the 17-55 F/2.8. Which do you think is better for general use around the National Parks, Canyons, and such?<br>

Also, does the faster 17-55mm really make a difference if I'm going to be using a tripod for narrow aperture shots? I'm thinking of getting the 16-85 since it is cheaper and longer focal lengths, and I figured the main reason to get the 17-55 is if I would be shooting in low light without a tripod? Thanks in advance!</p>

Hi Michael,

Welcome to photo.net.

You have posted this in the 'new user introductions' forum. This forum is really more for 'hi! This is who I am.' type posts

and asking questions here won't usually give you the best chance of getting good answers because people aren't

expecting questions here.

May I suggest the Beginner Questions forum instead:

http://www.photo.net/beginner-photography-questions-forum/