Great new look

David_Cavan

<p>After waiting all these months I have to say that I love the new look of the site - very "back to the future" kind of thing. This whole retro thing will really work when Kodak starts producing Kodachrome again - life will be perfect, indeed.</p>

<p>Sorry - couldn't resist. It was the first thought that popped into my head this morning when I had trouble connecting. I'm using Windows 8, IE 10. The whole thing seemed to clear itself almost immediately. But it did make me thing that we should highlight the 'retro' button for old guys like me when we're feeling nostalgic.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"I'm using Windows 8, IE 10."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Talk about retro. Semi-seriously, the broken page effect may have been a browser issue with Internut Exploder, rather than with photo.net.<br>

<br>

Try Firefox or Chrome - the transition isn't too difficult. IE has so many problems I use it only a couple of times a month to check my old Hotmail account, or to compare results with other browsers. IE is slow, riddled with security problems and generally plagued with more site compatibility issues than other browsers. Of the three I find Chrome is generally the quickest, while Firefox offers plenty of options for secure web browsing - although it often means slower response, depending on how it's tweaked and which third party security doodads are running.</p>

<p>Yeah, for what it's worth, I see the same problem occasionally on various websites regardless of which browser or device I'm using. It's not just photo.net, and not just any particular browser or my PC. Happens occasionally with Silk and Chrome browsers on the Kindle Fire HD too. The mobile app is pretty stable but lacks some features of the web browser version, so I use both.</p>

<p>David,<br>

My heart leaped for joy when I saw your reference to the new site being up only to be hammered back to earth once again when I realized you were being facetious. Now, I will have to resume the expensive medical treatments that I have contracted for with the Dallas Buyer's Club to keep me alive until I get a glimpse of the new site. :-)</p>

<p>Sarcasm! I love it! Beta is coming soon - how soon!? Of course you'd ask that! Most of the core services have been built, design work is still underway but I'd estimate 75% complete (we want it to be perfect) and as soon as design is completed implementation (connecting services to design) is done. We expect we'll be in our rigorous QA environment in 30 days and if all goes according to plan we expect that we will have something we can show and publicly test within 2 months. I will call on each of you sarcastic fellows to do some testing....so be ready!</p>

<p>In our defense - As many of you all know this site (programmed in tcl from mid-90's) has been around for quite some time as you all know so it is no small undertaking. But I believe all of you will be happy you stayed alive to see it.<br>

Here is hoping you all live long enough to see it! (no sarcasm intended on my part but might be implied) Cheers! </p>