Graflex 3-cell flash fits which Speed Graphic?

NK Guy

<p>I'm trying to figure out which Speed Graphic/other Graflex cameras were compatible with the 3-cell Graflex flash handles. (the silver ones with no black caps)<br>

From what I can tell, the Graflex 3-cells had a central mounting bracket of some sort. This looks like it would fit the Miniature Speed Graphic and the Anniversary Speed Graphic only, judging by the photos I can find.<br>

Subsequent cameras *seem* to have a mounting bracket with two sort of U-shaped fasteners that go onto the flash handle, which is the later aluminium-looking one with black caps, or the all-black handle.<br>

Is this correct? Is it possible to attach a 3-cell Graflex flash to a later camera, such as the Super Graphic?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I'm not a Graflex expert but I've played around with both Pacemaker 2x3 & 4x5.<br /> The chrome type 2 cell that came with my 2x3 Pacemaker had a pinch type clamp with a lever on the flash handle that clamped onto a flat chrome plate mounted one the side of the rangefinder. You slid it on and throw the lever to clamp it on.</p>

<p>The dull aluminum type that were 3 cell had the push button u shaped brackets you describe.</p>

<p>I've also seen 3 cell handles that were merely 2 cell jobs with an extra screw on cylinder to make room for the third cell.</p>

<p>If your really that interested, I dumped all this stuff on the auction site we all know and love and still have a few detailed pictures.</p>