Gothic Couples

timberwolf1

What image decisions do you make and plan for with Gothic couple engagement

announcements, and wedding photography? How do you light their portraits? At

Gothicmatch.com examples of pictures of couples exist. How would you change these

images to create your own style? What symbolic props would you add to their imagery?

Would you seek any advice? Where would you find this advice?

Interesting subject. I'd be rather surprised if such gothic couple would expect photographer to arrange symbolic props for the photoshoot, atleast without prior discussions. Talk with them and find out what their expectations are and what they would like to recieve. If they are after something that differs from mainstream wedding flow, they are likely to be able to show some samples of what they have liked or describe the wanted effect to some detail.

You can add Gothic drama to any wedding shot depending on how you shoot and light it.

This one below was at 16mm low and close to the seated Bride. The background looked

like a storm sky when it went out of focus.

I'll have to dig for the actual Goth wedding I did of a Royal Oak couple a while back.

Lots of black/purple, including the make-up (like lipstick and eye shadow). I used a lot of

bottom lighting by flipping my flash upside down.<div>0086X8-17784184.jpg.da125959825b367618406df1f4c87a9e.jpg</div>