Got my AE-1 back after about 20 yrs!

mark45831

My cousin stopped by last night with a surprise, she asked me If I would like my camera back that I let her daughter use for he HS press club and I haply gave her a AE-! I had not used for years, I had swapped over to Nikon then, But I didnt think I would ever get it back, but there it was and looks as new as the day I bought it and works great, I think she used it a couple times and put it away and forgot about it.

it has the 50mm 1.4 SSC lens, No clue if this is a decent lens but I assume its sharpest around 5.6? what other lens should I keep my eye out that would be a gem to get?

Thanks

It's amazingly good lens, I prefer to carry this lens around more than 1.2 L (since I am a mediocre photographer and I'm very clumsy).

35-105, 3.5 is my carry around but if you have room for more then most of Canon fd lenses starting at 7.5 mm and not finishing at 300mm L are good.

The FD 50/1.4 is like most lenses of that era, a bit soft wide-open, sharpens up nicely by F2.8, very sharp by F4.0. As for what other Canon FD lenses you consider, the concave front element 35/2.0 is legendary. Any of the aspherical lenses or L lenses are also outstanding.