Got a bunch of film I don't know anything about...

<p>So I have access to a whole boat load of old film that my work used way back when before they went digital.<br /> It's all 35mm Kodak.</p>

<p>I wouldn't mind "borrowing" a pack to try out, I haven't used film for 10 years back when I was a early teen though, and I don't know much.</p>

<p>I want to experiment with some landscape works. Could someone reccomend one of these films?</p>

<p>Ektachrome 200<br /> Ektachrome elite 100<br /> Ektachrome 64 professional<br /> Tmax 100 professional<br /> tmax 400 professional</p>

<p>I think these tmax ones are black and white right?</p>

<p>Also, all of this film has expired sometime in the mid 90s. But it has been in a temperature controlled fridge room at 4 degrees celcius for these many years. Will it still be good?</p>

<p>thanks for the advice!</p>

<p>The T-MAX black & white films might still work but they would show some fog. Don't use them for anything important until you have had a chance to test a roll of each speed. The 400 film should show more fog. If you keep film for a long time it should be colder than 40F. The three Ektachromes are all color slide films. You will probably get some kind of image from them. Over time slide film changes so a subject which is very dark may only look gray. All three films can be used for landscape work if they are still good. Try one of each before using then for anything important. </p>

<p>If it's been in a fridge you're probably good. If you do see some color shifts from your first roll try to take that into account for future rolls. it's something that the Lomo crowd actually tries to replicate.</p>

<p>T-max is traditional black and white, anything ending in chrome will be slide film. There's less latitude with slide film, more with black and white. i.e. you can fudge exposure more with black and white where as slide film you'll want to expose it properly.</p>

<p>Need to know exact product name on boxes & expiration dates to be able to recommend the color transparency films:<br>

Is it E200 or Ektachrome 200? E200 should be fine, nice to use for high mid-day sun landscape. Good shadow detail, nice contrast range. OTOH, Ektachrome 200 is very old emulsion, best use for cross process in C-41. Some folks loved it for that! Will show strong magenta cast in E-6 if old.<br>

Elite 100 (not Elitechrome?) If only "Elite" it is pre-1996 and may have color shifted by now. A high saturation film. If Elitechrome 100, then nice for landscapes. Newer generation of this film still sold today with extremely fine grain and good sharpness.<br>

Ektachrome 64 professional: Nice for landscapes, high color comparable to Elite 100, but not quite as saturated or sharp as present-day Elitechrome 100. Some color shifts may have happened depending on age (probably toward magenta).</p>

<p>Peter<br>

What if you simply take it as fun... ! take pictures.. develop it an see what you get from them... A little bit of imagination and new open minded approach.... some thing abstract to work with in photoshop?<br>

I had an experience in Venezuela, where a photolab MESS UP four rolls of fijichrome 400 iso of a documental I was covering in a witchcraft sanctuary... The used expired chemicals... ALL MY WEEK went to the sink... Today.. I have scanned and worked with photoshop some of the photographs... transformed to B&W... and ??? some thing wierd-interesting arose... (are in my portfolio).<br>

I hope my idea helped<br>

JC</p>

<p>I have shooted 2 roll of 7 year expired sensia 200 and one 10 year expired konica r-100 and all them come out good as new one. I have more 110 roll of sensia 200 and i will shoot them all.</p><div>00W6Bb-232451784.JPG.c7394fb03bf78dc1e29bcdc75ee222ae.JPG</div>